Mission The purpose of ASTD Alaska Chapter is to serve as the local framework for linking individuals & organizations with resources & opportunities in the adult training & development field. We believe the investment in workplace learning can & should be measured in terms of impact on the goals of an organization, or return on investment of training resources on performance.
To support this mission, we invest in
- Scheduled monthly presentations, periodic conferences, SIGs (Special Interest Groups) & partnerships with related organizations
- Peer to peer networking
- Mentoring as a form of life-long learning
- Information sharing regarding jobs & career development
- Nurturance & creative thought: synergies in progress
- Shared insight regarding emerging trends, issues, tools & methods
Governance The Chapter is governed & managed by a volunteer Board of Directors elected by the membership.
Membership Alaska residents with interests or responsibilities in training, human resource development, workplace learning & performance, organizational development, & change management are drawn to ASTD Alaska. Further, members are supportive of the objectives of the Chapter and the Society (ASTD). Chapter members may participate in the Special Interest Groups (SIGs) such as eLearning & Certified Professional in Learning & Performance (CPLP). The organization is a collective that is enlivened through volunteerism: members are encouraged to share time & talent in the Chapter, refining skills while giving.